Solar energy is the renewable source of energy. It is an energy source that can be used to produce electricity, heat water, et cetera. The employment of slylights during the construction of home can bring down the rate of electricity expenses that crop up due to the use of electricity during the day in order to light the interiors. Solar panels are absolutely great to use as their maintenance hardly require any sort of tedious effort. Post installation and optimization, they turn out to be quite reliable, the reason being that they produce energy in little millimetres and hardly employ the use of mechanical parts that might fail. The federal government has implemented liberal taxes on those persons and companies that make use of solar panels. In this piece of exegesis, we are going to talk about the DIY solar panels in detail as it is the “do it yourself” technology and requires complete niceties to be flourished.
DIY Solar Panel: Do it by yourself to charge small devices at your place
To begin with, you must gather a number of important materials that are required for the construction of the DIY solar panel. The catalogue of the paraphernalia runs as follows:
- A generous amount of solar cells
- Bus tab
- Tube of silicon
- Piece of plywood
- Tabbing wire
- Soldering iron
- Alligator clips
- Stranded cooper wire of 10 gage
You might also require some plexiglass pieces and some pieces of plywood for the purpose of panel boarders.
Pathway of designing
- Move the flex pen above white lines situated in front of the cell and then place the tabbing wires on top of them, moving your soldering iron on the exterior of the tabbing wire.
- You are required to turn over the solar cell and get the flex pen moving at the back of the tab in the similar manner you did in the front. Do remember that as you cut the tabbing wire, its length must be the double of the cell’s length as the tabbing will occur from front to back of the solar cell that lies next.
- The tabbing will not stop until and unless you have got four rows that have 9 to 36 cells together.
- Before the rows are secured, get hold of the half sheet or get a piece of plywood from the scrap. This is going to render the backing of the panels.
- Organize the rows once the plywood is set up.
- Wire these plywoods in the correct manner so that there are no issues when they are brought in touch with silicon.
- Examine the connection and find out the amount volts you are receiving by using the millimetre.
- Connect with the bus wire after the rows are alternating with the positive and negative ends.
- The outside rows of the bottom panels must not be hooked.
- Finally, fuse the red cooper wire with the positive home run while the black cooper wire must be joined with the negative home run.
Following the above mentioned steps, you can get your solar panel ready and make use of the renewable source of energy without laying heavy burden on your pocket.